Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Almost Time

I'm almost ready. This is what I call the almost time. I am leaving on Thursday for San Francisco. My youngest sister is getting married on Saturday. I'm traveling with Jen and family. If you go by ages, she is sister 3. I have 4 all together. Jen and family and I make up 6 people, a whole row on the airplane. No we are not flying United! Here she is with the kids. Honey cannot come for this trip. He has had to go back to work.

I have my suitcase out, although not yet packed. My "probably" clothes are on the bed, waiting to see if they will make the final cut. My dress and shoes for the wedding festivities are ready to go. Everything is almost ready. Tomorrow I have to make the final decisions. Should I take the brown capri's or the black ones? or both? Do I take 3 pairs of shoes or 4? This weekend is going to be one of those trips where I will need at least 2 outfits for everyday, 1 dressy, 1 more casual. That means 6 changes of clothes, plus a few extra tops and an extra pair of pants in case I change my mind. (I'm sure you have NEVER experienced that.) You'll notice there are not nearkly enough clothes on the bed yet, Of course I always carry an extra pair of socks and an extra pair of underwear. Fortunately I have never needed them (I did come close on my Portland trip though). I think I'll put them in my carry on this time. Then for sure I won't need them.

I am pulling my travel project together. I'm trying to exorcise those mirror ghosts again. I'm trying out some dimensional flowers with a few mirrors thrown in. I was thinking about a carousel horse, but I don't have time to plan that out right. Instead I will go for a practice run on the flowers and maybe put them in a vase. I guess I'll have to get that worked out tonight. I have my books packed. I went to the library this afternoon and picked out a couple books. Edith Head's Hollywood and Couture An Illustrated History of the Great Paris Designers and Their Creations. Edith Head's Hollywood is the story of Edith Head's career in costume design. She dressed all the greats from Mae West in She Done Him Wrong to Robert Redford and Paul Newman in The Sting. How could I not be intrigued? This will certainly be first on my list. As for the second book, Couture, haven't you always wondered where today's fashions come from?


It's almost time and I am almost ready. I'd better get a little something for the kids on the plane. It's going to be a long ride for them.
PS. Too bad BooBoo can't go this time. He's ready.

No comments: