Monday, October 27, 2008

Dilly Dallying in Houston

Hey all!


I was Houston for Quilt Market last weekend. What an amazing place to be! I left Erie, Pa Wednesday, just as the temperature was dropping. It was in the 40's when I left. The drive to Houston took 2 days. It's about 1500 miles. It's a fairly easy trip, as long as you don't mind driving. I stayed on the highways all the way. There are plenty of gas stops and rest areas along the way.

We went in Friday to set up the booth. I love that anticipation right before the show. The booths were so amazing! Attendance was down this year, but we still had a good show. Here are new designs I was showing. Pleated Paradise has pleated sashing. I've got some great new ideas for Pittsburgh in the spring.

























Now that I am home again, I can spend some time with my new longarm, well, new to me anyway. It came about a week before I left. I have it set up in the basement and did not have time to even thread it. I spent last night trying to figure it out. I put some muslin on it to play with and got it threaded. I had the hardest time with the needle, mostly because I was trying to put it in backwards. I think I've got it now. I wanted to get it going because I know my sisters will want to give it a go on Sunday.

I'm having the Great Cookie Bakeoff on Sunday. Every year we get together to make Christmas cookies. This year we decided to make them Halloween cookies instead. The whole family is coming over. I think I'll have about 16-20 people here. We're having Butternut Squash Soup, Pumpkin Bread, Macaroni and Cheese, Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Potato Pie, Mummy Meatloaf and Shrunken Apple Heads. Did you catch the theme? We're making Halloween cutout cookies and spooky spiders that look like chocolate haystacks with eyes.


I may need another vacation after all this...

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: