Friday, May 23, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig

Well, I'm back home again safely. I had a great visit with my aunt and uncle and a great time at Quilt Market. As for traveling on United Airlines...let's just say I had not planned to see San Francisco at 2:00am on my way to Portland.

My aunt and I went to Quilt Market on Saturday, almost straight from the airport. (I had been scheduled to arrive Friday night. Instead I arrived Saturday morning with no luggage) On this first day I really just wanted to take it all in. We walked the whole show to see who was there. I stopped to talk to some of the batting companies as I have recently purchased a Gammil longarm machine. (It hasn't arrived yet, so I am planning ahead.) I was putting together a plan for Sunday, when my bags should have caught up with me. We talked with quite a few people on Saturday. I certainly came home with a bag full of literature. I haven't been through all of it yet so I still am not sure what is there.Saturday night we had dinner with my cousin A. We have been trying to figure out how long it has been since we have seen each other. I think since 1984. Way too long, that's for sure.

Sunday was the day to get things done. My aunt had a piano recital so she could not come along. I followed my trusty GPS downtown alone. Geography is not my strong suit so I was very happy to have it along. I had a great day talking with Benartex, Blank Quilting and Fabri-Quilt. I used the Flower Show II collection from Benartex (http://www.benartex.com/) for my Floral Delight quilt and I used Fabri-quilt's Suede for a watermelon design that should be in Quilter's Home (http://www.quiltershomemag.com/) next summer. I also had a chance to talk with the Pattern Peddlers ( http://www.patternpeddlers.com/) and two of the print houses. I bought the Quilters Hangup sleeve to try out and Mary Ellen's Best Press starch alternative, as well as a few other things. I met Nancy from Nana's Pretties. She was so nice and so helpful. (http://www.nanaspretties.com/) She also has the cutest patterns.

I was worried about the trip to Quilt Market being worthwhile at this point in my quilting career. It was so far beyond my expectation. Not anymore, now I am now planning my trip to Houston in the fall.

No comments: