Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quilts or clothes?

How did you start sewing? Did you start with quilts? or with clothes? I started with clothes. Doll clothes to be more specific. By the time I was in high school, I was making most of my clothes. I went to two proms. My mother made my dress for my first prom and I made the dress for the second. Somewhere in that time frame, I decided I was not good enough to want to wear what I had made. I know now I had missed the mark on what the problem was. I did not have a skill problem, I had a patience problem. Good enough while I was making the garment was not good enough to wear. Funny how I can see that clearly now. So I am back to making clothes . Now I have a time issue more that a lack of patience. Here is my latest creation. I just received my first Burda WOF magazine. This is such a cute little top. It would be cute without the elastic at the waist as well. You may see that later. Honey asked me the other day if I ever use that dress form.

I've been working hard to get my quilts finished before I go to market. Floral Delight is finished at at Benartex. Chocolate Creams needs to be quilted. Here is a sneak peak of my current projects. The red flower is a poinsettia quilt. I have been trying to find time to make myself a holiday throw and never seem to get it togther around the holidays. I figured if I didn't get it done now, it would be another year. I am going to redo my sample in fall colors, more like sunflowers. I just found this poppy fabric last week. I have big plans for it as well. It's already committed to go to Millcreek Vac and Sew when I get it done, as a sample for my pattern.

I ran across this picture the other day and thought I would share. It is from Christmas at my parents 2 years ago. Honey and the BooBoo Boy, reading a story. So cute!

No comments: