Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Little Sewing Fun

I have borrowed a new book from my guild's library "The Art of Manipulating Fabric" by Colette Wolff. It is so much fun. The book covers many different ways to fold, gather and stitch fabric to achieve 3 dimensionsal results. I have so many new ideas my head is spinning. I think I'm going to have to buy this book for my reference library. Jus tlooking through all the photos has given me ideas. There are also detailed instructions on how to pleat, tuck, gather and fold. The book is divided into sections, organized by technique. Definately worth checking into. Love it!



I also have been working on a little jacket and top for work. This is McCall's 5007 jacket and the top is New Look 6669. Both went together very easily. The top took me about 5 hours to cut and sew. I did lengthen the jacket about 2 inches. I like to weat my tops out right now and I wanted to make sure the jacket come down past the hem of the top. It may or may not be fashionable, but it is a little more professional looking. I think they'll look great with a pair of black pants. In fact, I think I'll wear them tomorrow.

As for my quilts, I have been busy , busy getting reasy for the quilt show in Chatauqua at the endo f the month. I have 2 more that need quilting. I have also been planning what I should take to Houston in October. Sorry, you'll have to wait and see on those. They are only on paper right now, now yet in fabric. I can give you a few little hints though. I love the Benartex Fossil Ferns. http://www.benartex.com/ You can be sure I'll be using some of that fabric. I also have taken some ideas from the book that I think I might use in a table runner. There is still that wedding quilt as well. I'll have more hints and sneak peaks later. Maybe I'll get back to that mirror idea...


Did you know there have been studues which prove sewing reduces blood pressure? http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3831/is_200011/ai_n8921765

Happy sewing all.

No comments: