Saturday, February 6, 2010

They're back!!!

I know it's been a long time. This move to Florida has really gotten in to the way of my sewing. Finally we are settled for a while. We're still looking for that perfect house. you know..the last house we'll ever buy kind of house. no pressure! but at least we have a place to live until that magical house appears on the market.I ave not been doing much sewing during this time. There have been too many other things to think about; where to live, where the best grocery store is, how to get from point A to point B in a large city I'm not familiar with. Everything seems to take longer than it should. Now, don't think I'm complaining, just explaining.

During all this time, my ghosts have been quiet. I almost thought they forgot to move with me. For those who are not familiar with my ghosts, most of the time I am haunted by ideas or quilts. Check out the October issue of www.sewinggazette.com for a more detailed explanation. Well, no need for concern, my ghosts are active again. I had a flicker when looking at the spiky leaves of the palm trees and palmetto bushes here. It would be great to duplicate them in a New York Beauty block.

Honey and I took a drive down to St. Augustine, the oldest city in the country. The city was founded in 1565. A city that old and with a colorful history has many ghosts. We did not take the ghost tour this time, but I think the local spirits woke up my personal ghosts. My ghosts went from sleeping on my shoulder to swirling around my head again and we were there in the bright Florida sunshine. How powerful the local ethereal beings must be when the sun goes down. I know it is only February, but once again, I am being haunted by new ideas and images for quilts.

No comments: