Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Lazy Days of Summer

Oh how I am wishing for a lazy summer day. This summer has been jam packed. I can't believe July is almost over already. I typically have a bed size quilt at least started by now for a Christmas gift. Hmmm, not this year. I haven't had any time to think that far ahead. Now don't think I'm complaining, really, I am not. This summer has been full of really exciting happenings, well exciting for me anyway. In May I went to Portland, OR. In June I went to San Francisco. In July I've been catching up.

I have been working on a log cabin quilt with a lotus block. I've finished the top of version one. Here are the teasers.

Love, Love, Love the second combination. I'm combining this block with cream and gold log cabin blocks. Sew much fun!

You'll have to check out the next issue if Quilter's Home http://www.quiltershomemag.com/ as well. It should be available August 5th. I'm camping out by the mailbox for my copy. My quilt "Just for Jan" is in the Sept/Oct issue! I made this quilt for my sister for Christmas last year. Our birthday's are back to back, the 3rd and 4th. I often wonder if that is why we like so many of the same things. She is my color companion. We like the same blend of colors and the same types of design. This issue is coming out just in time for our birthdays. How appropriate! When I told Jan, she said she wanted an autographed copy! What a great sister. My sisters (I have 4) are the main reason I have started publishing my patterns. They ganged up on me and demanded I start writing out the instructions. I promised them and now one of my quilt has been published. Smart girls, those sisters of mine

I've also been working on a baby quilt for a friend of my sister in law. I love pinwheels for baby's. I'm also using Minkee for part of the blocks. This is a one block quilt. The pinwheels are in the center of the blocks.
I hope you all are enjoying your summer as well. I'd better get busy again.

No comments: