Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


Happy New Year to all. I've been thinking about 2008 recently. I'm sure most people review this time of year. The television stations all do anyway. 2008 certainly was a full year. My first published quilt, my first quilt market, a new Gammill long arm. At times it was very crazy. Looking back makes me wonder what changes the new year will bring.


I'm am very excited to start teaching in a few weeks. Nothing like starting off the new year with changes right from the get go. I'm teaching my Red Lotus Wedding quilt at Millcreek Vacuum and Sewing here in Erie on the 24th of January.


I've been working hard on the long arm as well. I have a couple quilts my mother gave me to quilt. She bought them at garage sales many years ago and never had time to finish putting them together. and then there is the pile of tops that I have been "saving" for a couple years. Don't we all have those piles, the unfinished or UFO, the "just needs a border", the finished top and the "just needs a binding" piles? Hopefully I'll be able to get through some of those this year.


What else is new? I'm working out a few new designs. I've made a few (4) of the Mini Bow Tucks bags from Quilts Illustrated. Here is the one I made for my mother for Christmas. She is a knitter and likes to make socks. I thought it was just the right size for socks and yarn. I also made one for my sister and put the Warm Company Insul-brite in as part of the batting. My thought was she could use it as a lunch bag. It's also just the right size to out a water bottle or thermos in. I have yet to make one for myself, but I'm think about making the regular size Bow Tucks. I have the fabric and everything in the biggest pile of all, Projects yet to be started.
So many ideas, never enough time. This is Jan 1. Maybe this year I can finish them. (Ha Ha Ha).
Have a great year!

No comments: